How to get there
The Island of San Servolo can be reached by public transportation.
From Marco Polo International Airport (VCE):
- Take waterbus service Alilaguna (ticket fare 15 EUR one-way; 27 EUR round trip). LINEA ARANCIO service goes from the airport to Venice with final stop at San Marco (Saint Mark’s square). Alilaguna timetable.
- From Saint Mark’s square take public boats n° 20 (Linea 20). The stop is in front of the Londra Palace Hotel, Riva degli Schiavoni. Download boat 20 timetable
Both Alilaguna and public boats n°20 tickets can be purchased in advance at http://www.veniceconnected.com/
From Treviso Airport (TSF):
- There is only one bus service, ATVO, that runs every hour (ticket fare 7 EUR one-way; round trip 13 EUR) from Treviso Airport (TSF) to Venice Piazzale Roma – bus terminal. Tickets can be purchased at the automatic ATVO ticket machine in the arrivals baggage hall.
- From Piazzale Roma to San Servolo: you must take either the n°1, n°2 or n° 5.2 boats direction “Lido”, and get off at the San Zaccaria boat stop. At San Zaccaria you must change to line n°20. Download boat 20 timetable
From Venice train station:
There are three choices from the train station to San Servolo.
- You must take either the n°1, n°2 or n° 5.2 boats direction “Lido“, and get off at the San Zaccaria boat stop.
- At San Zaccaria you must change to line n°20. Download boat 20 timetable
Insite is holding its second general meeting on October 15 and 16 in Venice around the roles of art, science, and other forms of narratives in promoting a sustainable future. The aim of the meeting will be to formulate a future action agenda for Insite’s partners and network – i.e. workshops, research proposals, pilot projects, etc. — around these themes. The workshop will be structured as a facilitated conversation, with a minimum of formal, ppt-laden presentations, and with a limited number of participants. In order to prepare the workshop agenda – which we want to be as open as possible to participant’s contributions – and to prompt preliminary reflections and discussion, we are collecting participants’ ideas and suggestions. Please check this debate and contribute sending us your ideas.
Monday, October 15
9-12:30 : INSITE past: a review of INSITE activities over the past 18 months – PRIVATE MEETING – INSITE partners and EU commissioners only
12:30 – 13:30 : Lunch
13:30 – 17:00 : Envisioning a Socially Sustainable Future: Models, Narrative, Art I — General discussion
17:30 – 19:00 : Visit to Isola San Giorgio for the exhibition Life Between Buildings
19:30 – 22:30 : Group Dinner at Restaurant L’Aciugheta
Tuesday, October 16
9 – 13 : Envisioning a Socially Sustainable Future: Models, Narrative, Art II — Working group meetings
13-14 : Lunch
14-17 : Envisioning a Socially Sustainable Future: Models, Narrative, Art III — Developing an INSITE action agendaPRESENTATIONS, DISCUSSION GROUP and FOLLOW UP